There are three major upgrades to share: improved signal quality, connectivity and flexibility, all while offering a cost reduction on the shorter lengths.
The copper has been upgraded from OFHC copper to Long-Crystal OFHC (LC-OFHC) copper. Long-Crystal copper is used in all Series 8 cables. LC-OFHC offers a reduction in the amount of crystals per foot, which reduces the amount of crystal barriers.
Less crystal barriers in copper means a less distorted and degraded signal. To increase signal transfer, the LC-OFHC conductors are silver-plated. Using this purer copper and silver plating provides improved audio and video reproduction especially over longer distances.
Second, The Series 8 HEC cable lengths vary in gauge as needed for signal transfer. In the past, Tributaries HDMI cables were designed to have the same gauge within the same Series no matter the length of the cable. The less expensive Series had a smaller gauge than the
more expensive Series. The trade-off in the higher series was a less flexible HDMI cable. In the new 8HEC cables, we keep the gauge size appropriate to the length of the cable.
As the length of the cable increases, the gauge size increases to handle signal transfer over the longer lengths. Series 8 HEC cables are built with a very flexible 28AWG for 1-4m, 26AWG for 6m-10m and the heavy 24AWG as needed for 12m-25m.
The 8HEC cables incorporate Go Technology to optimise signal transfer in cables with lengths starting at 12m.
Lastly, the tighter fitting connector is incorporated with raised elements for a snug and reliable fit.
· Made with Long Crystal Oxygen-Free Copper, LC-OFC, 8HEC is specifically manufactured to have a minimum quantity of crystals in its structure thereby providing a low distortion path for the passage of a digital HDMI signal.
· 2.5% silver-plated LC-OFC ensures a low resistance signal path and minimises skin effect.
· High Speed performance from 1m to 12m cables.
· Standard performance from 15m to 25m cables.
· Go! Technology passive circuits built-in cables from 12m to 25m
· Smaller gauge conductors in shorter lengths make them more flexible and lighter.
· Larger gauge conductors for longer lengths ensures proper signal with lower loss.
· Raised elements on the connector surface provide a tight, secure fit.
· UL PVC jacket; woven cloth jacket on cables to 3m.